Wednesday, June 11, 2008

La "Campanita"

Did you know that the "Campanita" (the little thing that hangs in the back of your throat) is called The UVULA. It is made of muscle and connective tissue and is covered with the same mucous membrane that lines the inside of your cheeks and the roof of your mouth.

We this past Sunday I had a swollen UVULA. On Saturday Michael and I had dinner at Lario's at we ordered "Chicharones de Pescado" (it's the best plate there). INSIGHT: fish is made with lemon, I'm allergic to lemon, therefore I'm allergic to this fish. We had a great time (BTW, I always eat fish at Lario's) About 1 hour later we were sitting in "Ivan's room" playing Guitar Hero when I started to sneeze uncontrollably. I took 2 Benadryl and went to sleep. Slept like a baby and when it was time to get up I looked like this:

Obviously with longer hair, lighter skin and my ears were not swollen.

Anyways when I went to talk I sounded like an echo chamber and when I went to swallow I almost choked. Turns out my Uvula was swollen and obstructing my airway and throat.Needless to say I did not go to church (sad about that), and I went back to sleep.
I'm better now, no more swollen Uvula - and no more "Chicharones de Pescado."

I sure learned a lesson from this... I should have ordered a: Chicken Cesar Salad with Frijoles on the Side.
Everything tastes better with "Frijoles on the side"

No comments: