Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mirror mirror on the wall... who is the fairest of them all?


Have you ever looked in the mirror and really examined what you look like? Have you ever looked at your eyes up close for a period longer than 5 minutes to then realize that they don’t look like your eyes anymore? Have you taken a look at your hands and the way the lines in your palm are formed? Did you ever notice that you have a dip below your nose and above your lips? Did you know that you were formed from the outside in?
Those are a lot of questions to answer. Some I am sure you have never thought about. I have! I have spent a good 10 minutes just looking at my face: my eyelashes, eyeballs, nose, lips, mouth, teeth…
Have you?
You should because when you look and pay attention to all the detail that it took to make you the way that you are, you would see a glimpse of what God looks like. Genesis 1:27 (NIV) says “So GOD created mankind in his own image, in the image of GOD he created them, male and female he created them.”
Take a moment to take a look at the creation God made in HIS own image.
Then take a look at your heart and ask yourself do I reflect GOD’s image in my life? You know what the answer should be…
"…I died to the Law, that I might live unto God. I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me." (Galatians 2:19-20).
Reflect HIS image and let HIM be your guide in all that you do. Remember that when God looks at you he sees the beauty of his son JESUS CHRIST.
Have a blessed day!

No comments: